SAL & Caldeira Advogados, Lda., offers legal services divided by Practice Groups:
• Banking & Foreign Exchange: Transactional support and regulatory advice relating to financial institutions and foreign exchange matters. Includes assistance in registering projects, loan agreements and capital imports and exports with the Central Bank.
• Commercial, Corporate & Administrative Law: General legal assistance in all commercial and corporate matters, including incorporation, registration and licensing of companies, branchs, associations, ONGs and foundations with all public entities, negotiation and drafting of contracts, legal opinions, advice on the full range of corporate law questions, transactional support, due diligence, corporate secretarial services and applications for project authorization with the Centre for Investment Promotion and general transactional support. Includes also real estate, constructions, intellectual property, competition law, tourism law, consumer law and, provides assistance in legal and regulatory reforms that strengthen the Rule of Law and good governance. The firm has played a leading role drafting and/or negotiating laws and regulations in areas including arbitration, bankruptcy, civil procedure, commercial and industrial licensing, labor, mining, oil & gas and telecommunications. Also includes advice on public procurement.
• Immigration: General immigration issues, work permit applications within and beyond the legal quotas, short term work communications and all kinds of visas.
• Labour: General labor law issues, disciplinary proceedings, employment agreements, internal regulations, foreign workers, labour audits and pension and incentive schemes.
• Litigation: A broad practice with a particular focus on commercial, civil, labor, tax and maritime issues. The team assists clients with both strategic advice and representation in court. Also covers arbitration and mediation.
• Natural Resources: Advice on licensing, concession negotiations, mining contracts and regulatory issues in oil & gas, mining, forestry, electricity and infrastructure. Significant practice in the negotiation and drafting of regulations in oil & gas and mining.
• Tax: General tax matters, including due diligence on tax compliance, tax and customs benefits, tax planning, tax reimbursements and administrative appeals on tax rulings.